Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Some Fast Scrapping!

Hello everyone! I had a great scrapping day yesterday and got a lot accomplished! I can't share everything with you right now, but I can show you 2 layouts that I challenged myself to do. I found 2 sketches online that I thought would be fun to work with. Then I challenged myself to complete the LOs in less than an hour each. (Of course the time started once the papers were picked... that alone takes me forever!! lol!! )

The first LO is of me and my momma shopping in Cabo.....
We have so much fun walking around and buying jewelry from the local people who are selling it. My mom is a master at this! She gets them talking and laughing and before you know it, they will sell her anything she wants at the price she picks! It's amazing!

The sketch is from Scraptacular
.
For this LO I used papers from Me and My Big Ideas. I knew I would be able to get it done faster if I used papers all from the same stack... no need to go searching that way! I also knew I would not have time to make my own embellishments. Since I didn't already have flowers that I liked, I decided to go with one of the papers from the stack. I fussy cut the flowers out, inked the edges and pop dotted the layers to create the embellishments for the page....
I thought they added a nice bright embellishment that perfectly coordinated with the paper!!

I also completed this LO of my sweet little girl when she was in kindergarten!


I also used the pleating technique that Ruth taught us at Frosted Designs this week! You can find the tutorial HERE!

The sketch is from the lovely ladies at Stuck On U Sketches! I haven't had a chance to play along for a few weeks so I was happy to get one done for their challenge this week!


Once again, I used a lot of premade embellies. The flowers are Prima and Flora Doodle (I love that these already have the gems in the centers for me! Saves me even more time!) The butterfly is a Martha Stewart Punch and the brads are from Sassafras! I also did the writing myself instead of printing and cutting things from the computer or using rub ons.... saved more time!


The banner was quick and easy. The stickers are from Echo Park and the triangles only took a minute to cut from a scrap piece of paper!


I just couldn't resist including this close up of my little darling! I am not sure what I like better, her big baby blues or the freckles!! Boy do they grow up quickly!


Thanks for stopping by to visit today! Hopefully I have inspired you to try a few quick LOs! Personally, I like the way they turned out and it was really nice for me to just glue something down and commit to it instead of rearranging over and over!! Have a great week and I will be back Thursday with a new LO and challenge!

Barb  :)

16 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

It came out great! Such lively colors!!! You did allllright, girlfriend!

lisaplus6 said...

you take on our Scraptacular sketch is just wonderful!!! thank you for playing along with us!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I love speed scrapping .. it feels so good to get something accomplished quickly and havea nice memory too! Love your pages .. bright and cheery .. and I just adore that photo of Lauren! Can't resist freckles!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are great! Love all the colors, sounds like some fun shopping!

Carolina said...

Love these LOs! Just two hours? Wow, you are fast, girl! Need some lessons from your mom, I'm awful at trying to get a good price, always fail!

D said...

Your layouts are beautiful. I can't believe how fast you put them together! Takes me forever to figure out paper too. I like the white marker on the brown cardstock.

Debbie Bakk said...

You did a super job on your speed scrappin- they look great and I too love that My Mind's Eye paper stack and your daughter is such a cutie with all those freckles. I had freckles like that when I was younger to- so cute. Like your journaling with the backwards letters in kindergarten and cedarviulle- really adds to the page.

Jocelyn said...

Love these LO's!!!! So filled with the most wonderful colors and goodies!!! The pics are FABULOUS!!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Unknown said...

What a great couple of layouts!! I noticed Ruth's paper technique right away! Love the banner too!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome...
I just adore everything and really, I think sometimes we feel bad for "popping" on premade but we shouldn't! No way! I also think its pretty smart to kind of give yourself a time line...me, well everything takes all day since I get stopped so many times! LOL!
I wish I could go over each little thing, but let's just say they are both PERFECT!!!

Pat said...

Great pages!! Love those flowers in the 1st one!

scrappinlil said...

Both of these are just adorable...I especially love the one with your daughter. She is just too cute. Love the colors in both layouts..fabulous job. TFS

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Fun, cute, sunny and inspiring. You brought a smile to my face today. Thank you.
Hugs
Tanya

Fern said...

WOW, Barb!! You did a fantastic job on both of these beautiful layouts!!! I hear you about choosing paper... Takes me FOREVER... and then I always switch it up a bit after I start... I love the way you fussy cut the flowers, the lace, ribbon and, or course, the hand journaling!! The second layout is sooo sweet!! Great job with the pleats, love the banner and flowers, and the photo is priceless!!! My daughter had and still has freckles and I love them!!! Lauren is such a cutie!! Hope you have a wonderful week... Hugs!!!

Becky B. said...

Beautiful layouts, Barb!! And to think that you created these masterpieces in only a couple of hours - fantastic!! I'm so far behind in my scrapbooking...I've got to get in gear and start creating pages again!

Stine Ursin said...

Love them both! Love the colorfulness and I adore the banner on the second one! Thank you for joining us at SOUS!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio