Monday, July 8, 2013

Quick Quotes - Life is about...

I am hosting two blogs today so I decided to use both products on today's layout! The papers and inks are from Quick Quotes and the CANDi is from Craftwork Cards!

Are you ready to have a little fun and get a little messy?! I am going to show you how to create a fun background for your layout.

The papers in the Quick Quotes Just Because line remind me of summer and sunshine so I wanted to give my layout the starburst effect behind the photo.

I used a mask along with Matte Gel and Biscotti PowderPuff Chalking Ink to create the circles. I then used yellow twine to "connect" the circles.



The Just Because Line includes a sheet of quotes and journaling tags. I cut apart one of the quotes, inked the edges and used it on this layout. I replaced a few of the key words with different letter stickers to draw your eye to them.



I used some CANDi to make these fabulous little flowers! I started with a chipboard circle, added some hot glue and then turned the CANDi upside down to create them! I used Patchwork and Rainforest CANDi on this layout!


If you would like to see a step by step tutorial on how to make the background, be sure to watch this video! 



Supplies Used:
Quick Quotes Patterned Papers: Just Because 200, 300, 400, 500
Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink: Biscotti, Java
Craftwork Cards CANDi: Rainforest, Patchwork
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Twine: American Crafts
Letter Stickers: Simple Stories, Prima
Punch: Martha Stewart
Brads
Trim
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Beautifully done, love the starburst background! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Becky B. said...

LOVE this, Barb! Thanks for the tutorial!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio